Allow us to personalize TomTom.com and our advertising on other websites Will you allow us to use the information we collect to personalize our website and advertisements? Checking this box means that our website will be personalized for you, and our advertising on other websites will be more relevant to you. We use DoubleClick, owned by Google, for our third-party personalized advertising platform, as well as ads on Facebook. If you clear this checkbox, you can still use our website but the website won’t be personalized for you.
What kind of cookies are there?
There are different types of cookies. Functional cookies are placed to ensure that the website is functionating properly. Aside from the functional cookies, there are cookies to give you a more relevant web experience and serve relevant advertisements. In the cookiesetting above you can switch on/off cookies and settings which we use to make our content or advertisement more relevant for you. More information on these cookies and settings can be found below.
What are cookies?
A cookies is a text file placed on your computer, mobile device or device connected to your computer.
TomTom websites and services need to be able to store and retrieve information to provide you with the service or information you asked for. For example your language setting and username for logging in. This is done through functional cookies. This storage and retrieval of information only happens when you use such a service. As these cookies are needed for a well functionating website and to deliver the service they will be placed on your device. Further we use site analytic cookies. We use Google Analytics, Optimizely, Hotjar and Tealium to collect site analytics to constantly improve our website.
Personalization & advertisement cookies and settings
When you are visiting our website or see our advertisements, we would like to give you a more relevant, personalized experience. In order to do this, we use personalization & advertisement cookies and settings. With these cookies we collect information about your interests and use this information to give you a more personalized experience. We use the following cookies and settings:
- Google Ads: To offer you relevant advertisements when you use the Google search engine or exclude you from seeing TomTom advertisements in Google.
- Facebook: To offer you relevant advertisements on Facebook, we use a Facebook cookie. This cookie is also placed when you have no Facebook account. By sharing your interest to Facebook we are able to offer you more relevant advertisements.
- BlueKai: To offer you relevant advertisements in the BlueKai network.
- Bing: To offer you relevant advertisements when you use the Bing search engine or exclude you from seeing TomTom advertisements in Bing.
- LinkedIn: To offer you relevant advertisements on LinkedIn or exclude you from seeing TomTom advertisements on LinkedIn.
- Eloqua & Salesforce: To understand what our Business customers are interested in when visiting our website. With this information we can give our Business customers more relevant information.
- Lead Forensics: We would like to follow up Business visitors who visited our Telematics website. To do this, the company address of the Business visitor is derived from the IP address by Lead Forensics. We use this information and the products they viewed on our Telematics website for marketing and sales purposes.
Does TomTom use any other technologies than cookies?
Cookies are the main method used but sometimes information is stored and retrieved using other technologies, such as file transfer and Web API’s (Web Application Programming Interfaces) e.g. when you attach a TomTom device to your computer.